During the winter months our homes can become chilly and cold! Is your home heating system ready to work?
Here are some ways to heat your home efficiently AND effectively!
While heating your home during the winter months, energy tends to be escape while causing bills to sky rocket!
Water heaters consume nearly 17% percent of a home’s monthly energy consumption.
Saving energy can also help you save money!
- While away from your home for an extended period of time, it is practical to put your home water heater on “Vacation Mode” meaning that the water will be heated enough to prevent pipes from freezing, but not use as much energy to heat water that will not be used.
- Wrapping your heater in an “Insulation Blanket” will help keep the water heater warm so it does not have to work twice as hard during the cold months to bring the water to temperature.
- It is smart to invest in an “On-Demand” water heater that is sensor activated, and it ensures minimal water and energy waste. It can be added to any water heater, and helps conserve energy and prevents excess water waste.
- To save the most energy, it is best to keep your water heater at the minimum temperature to heat the water. By doing this, your water heater will not have to use extra to raise the water to temperature.
- While at home, keep your thermostat at as low temperature as possible (while staying warm of course!)
- Cover drafty windows to prevent energy loss! You can use a tight, plastic seal that will keep cool air out or heavy drapes to cover the window!
NBA Insurance wants you to have a warm house this winter season, while saving money AND helping our environment!